Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Stuffed Cabbage Raw Salad Lunch


This wasn't really a salad, but my "Southern Greens" recipe made with just swiss chard. After it was done, I put it in a red cabbage shell and ate it like a burrito. I put tomato slices on my husbands (see pic). I love red cabbage; it is extremely high in vitamin K. Let food be your medicine... as all crucifers are high in antioxidant phytonutrients, helping our body eliminate harmful compounds! It was incredibly delicious and satisfying!

Today I also had a flax cracker with some mac/pinenut/herb spread, both also in my recipe ebook along with the special greens recipe above. This morning I had my green stamina smoothie, also in my recipe book, that was particularly delicious, with broccoli sprouts! So I've certainly gotten my fair share of magic cruciferous vegetables today!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin