Saturday, April 18, 2009

Raw Vegans Thin But Healthy ~ 2005 Study

Have you seen already the 2005 Reuters article? "People who follow a raw food vegetarian diet are light in weight but healthy, according to US researchers."

Today we went to the farmers market in Santa Monica because I am really transitioning to eating mostly fruit, and needed a larger supply then what I find at the Pacific Palisades market on Sundays. We got fresh squeezed blood orange juice, and a special treat I haven't allowed myself in years....dates! We got amazing fruits....sapotes, passion fruits, organic strawberries and blueberries, amazing cherry tomatoes (best ever!), and lots of greens, sprouts, and olives. We also got baby artichokes that I have marinated in a big jar with lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, and herbs to eat RAW!

I've been fasting all week from fats and solid foods, so when we went to Rawvolution and Mark got a piece of raw pie and I had a few bites, it made me really sick. I really don't like agave and cashews, I have never liked agave, these things just don't sit well with me, but the pie was really good however. Then I had a huge cup of ORMUS tea that TOTALLY made me feel better. It was awesome! Felt like I was drinking healing dirt :-). And it was very healing. I can't wait to get some of this tea to have at home. It is very pricey but I think worth it. Then I had an E3 live coconut shake which also made me feel better.

Then we ate fresh strawberries, tomatoes, dates, and olives this afternoon, and this evening ate a huge purple cabbage shell with a swiss chard creamy mix on the inside I call "Southern Creamy Greens" in my recipe eBook. I might have some fresh papaya later this evening. I also had Premier's Oncaplex this morning like I do every morning as well as some Phytoplankton and Max Stress B Complex. The first few years I went raw I used to eat E3 live every day, now I can't afford it, but hope to again soon as it is the best ever!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin