Friday, January 23, 2009

Raw Ice Cream!

raw-ice-cream

Get your Raw Cashews first!

I just returned our new Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker and got a vegetable washer instead. One, we don't ever make ice cream for ourselves, it is somewhat antithetical to a raw life, as freezing fruit and other ingredients takes away a lot of the natural qualities of the original food and the cold affects the colon for sure. I LOVE my vitamix smoothies way more than cold ice cream!

Now don't get me wrong, I am totally into everyone enjoying raw ice cream for sure if that really does it for them, but for me it wouldn't be something I would take the time to do more than once a year, or for special dinner parties etc... And what's cool, is I have the the world's coolest juicer, and as Alex mentions, I will simply freeze it in ice cubes and put it through my juicer, which makes the smoothest most incredible ice cream. For sorbet, just put your favorite frozen fruit through the right kind of juicer with the blank screen attachment, and you will have the best sorbet ever!

Greenstar Juicer

I have owned the same Greenstar juicer for 10 years, since I first went raw, and it still works excellently. Mark and I make amazing green concoctions with it. We call them magic potions! Other juicers and blenders with fast rotating blades can destroy a substantial amount of nutrients in fruits and vegetables due to the heat and the impact produced in the operation of the machine, so the kind of juicer you own does matter.


With your Green Star juice extractor you can minimize the loss of nutrients because of the unique triturating Twin Gear feature which is an impeller press system.Its powerful low r.p.m. turning speed generates virtually no heat to your juice and thoroughly crushes and presses fruits and vegetables, instead of cutting and shredding them into small pieces.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your ice cream looks tasty!

Is dr. jubb okay with really raw cashews?

just wondering if this is an occasional exception or if the really raw ones don't have the strange indigestible proteins, etc.

thanks! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin