Monday, March 22, 2010

My Favorite Raw Sauerkraut by Gold Mine

GOLD MINE ORGANIC RAW SAUERKRAUT 


I have been eating this sauerkraut for years. It is the best out there for sure. Not real smelly like other sauerkrauts, and the flavor is outrageously good. I love that it is made with celtic sea salt too; nice and salty!

A couple weeks ago I actually used it as a starter to make my own sauerkraut and it turned out great. I added lemon juice, herbs, cabbage, 1 carrot, a pinch of pink salt, and a tablespoon of olive oil, and some fennel. It was ready in 2 days sitting on top of my fridge. It lasted in the fridge for almost 2 weeks. I have to leave it in the lemon juice "broth" or else it starts to go bad. You can add water to the lemon juice until the broth completely covers the vegetables. When I don't do this, mold spores began to grow in the top, so make sure to cover it completely in the acidic broth.  It helps to add extra culture starter if you have it. 

What I ate today:
Green Morning Smoothie with swiss chard and nettles.
Buckwheat/Flax Cracker with Macadamia Nut Pesto
My new "Macaroni and Cheez" recipe....best ever!
Small Salad with cucumber and flax oil/raw ranch dressing. 


1 comment:

LivingFood101 said...

I love sauerkraut so much that I can eat just that for one meal until I am full.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin