Friday, June 26, 2009

A Day With Rawumptious Author June Louks

June Louks had a lovely raw food workshop today at her family's house in Malibu. We began the day picking food from her incredible gardens, then enjoying the picked berries and greens in smoothies, then an incredible raw lunch of recipes her and her family, and kitchen helper Olga, have created. All which appear in Rawumptious!

What a blessing it was to be there! I was in raw food heaven. Her children were such a treat to meet- all raw and primarily home-schooled and all quite talented! Then there was the eco-friendly house that she designed- (she formerly worked as an architect.) So I was in bliss too with that- as designing my own eco-friendly home is also a dream of mine.

I think in June I may have met somewhat of a "soulmate" as my husband and I are also raw, we also plan to have gardens, raw kids, an eco-friendly house, and are already busy spreading the deliciousness and bliss of the raw life! Meeting like-minded people is so powerful and important for living your life's purpose-- and today I have received a dose of this magic! Surround yourself with those that are on your same path -and nothing less than magic is the outcome.

I took some great photos, so I will include a few so you can see the lovely food, gardens, and of course the beautiful raw food diva herself, June Louks. Here is the website for her book:
rawumptiousrecipes.com which I highly, highly recommend! Thank you June from all of us who were lucky to be at your beautiful home today. Her next workshop is in September!
June picking lettuce for our salad.
Smelling the non-smelly compost!

June talking about the importance of greens in her transition to raw.

Stuffed red peppers and beet salad.
Raw Pizza with Sprouted Spelt Crust
Cucumber Salad and Avocado Slices for the Hummus/Buckwheat Crackers.


And as a final treat we got to hear beautiful songs as well as have an introduction to the yoga swing from her daughter Hailey!

1 comment:

Alex said...

Raw Food coach and Health consultation can get you where you want to be. Or just see some new recipes at www.whyraw.wordpress.com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin